Hi,

In the
Publications_using_SAGE<http://wiki.sagemath.org/Publications_using_SAGE?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=linkto%3A%22Publications_using_SAGE%22>wiki
 page, I find the following passage:

``Also, be sure to find out what components of Sage, e.g., NumPy, PARI,
'GAP, that your calculation uses, and properly attribute those systems (for
example, ask on sage-devel). Similarly, consider finding out who wrote the
Sage code you're using and acknowledge them explicitly as well.''

I wonder whether this is (or could be) taken seriously by the authors using
Sage. I understand the intention, but a realistic suggestion would be to
cite Sage properly, and Sage itself should acknowledge, perhaps at the
homepage, the contributors and developers of the components. By a quick
search, I only find a list of components used in Sage, but no proper
acknowledgement to the developers of the components.