William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> writes:
> For what it is worth, I've made a git spkg:
>
>    http://wstein.org/patches/git-1.7.2.5.spkg

Here's another one, with a newer version of git and an SPKG.txt :

    http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/keshav/files/git-1.7.9.4.spkg

I should note that git has no connection to anything else in Sage at the
moment. This is mainly for people who want to play around with git as we
prepare to eventually switch our repos to git and cnsolidate them, among
other things, and who don't have git installed systemwide, or maybe
don't have a recent version of git installed systemwide, for whatever
reason.

-Keshav

----
Join us in #sagemath on irc.freenode.net !