The current plan is to release sage-5.0.beta14 merging most or all of
the tickets which are currently positively reviewed.

After that, no more patches adding new features, only bugfixes.  So I
guess there might be one additional beta (beta15), and then release
candidates.  The new notebook will not be included in sage-5.0.

Open blockers are:
#11616: Upgrade MPIR to a more recent upstream release.  This also fixes
lots of issues in the spkg-install file.  *needs_review*

#12825: Fine-tune auto-detection of whether to install GCC.  Based on
the comments in the sage-5.0.beta13 thread, I changed the part of the
installation which determines whether or not to install GCC.  *needs_review*

#12751: Sage fails to build with GCC-4.7.0.  This is sort-of fixed by
the GCC spkg, but we still need to fix MPFR on Itanium (which is a
prerequisite of GCC).

#11881: Metaticket: build Sage on OS X 10.7 Lion.  Maybe this can be
closed now?  I would prefer Sage to also build with older release of
XCode 4, the main issue seems to be the assembler which doesn't
understand AVX instructions.