On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2012-04-10 11:46, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
>> What is your opinion on this thread:
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/9CBKLU6LYkU/HNhJBKJ45VMJ
> What do you mean specifically?  It's a long thread, many things are
> discussed...

Ah, maybe the link went to a wrong email. I meant the email by Georg S. Weber
which says:

"
the approach to "include our own GCC 4.5.1" is doomed to fail.
"

and explains why, to which William replied "I think you really know
what you're talking about.".

And since you did it and it seems to work, it seems that it is not
doomed to fail. So
that's why I was curious if you have any opinions on this discrepancy.

>> In your experience is there
>> any problem with simply building gcc from scratch (when needed)?
> That's exactly what's done in the latest beta: sage-5.0.beta13.  There
> are a few issues here and there, but nothing too serious it seems.

Cool.

Ondrej