Hi Marco!

On 2012-04-27, mmarco <mma...@unizar.es> wrote:
> I have a first version of an implementation of free groups, finitely
> presented groups and braid groups. For the moment there is a partial
> list of the fatures:
>
> -operation in free groups, finitely presented groups and braid groups
> through gap.
> -some gap functions are wrapped, such as abelian invariants, size, and
> recover the symetric representation of a fp group (not that these two
> operations may not end)
> -Burau and Lawrence-Krammer-Bigelow representations of braids
> -2d and 3d plotting of braids
> -left normal form of braids
>
> please share your thoughts.

For now, just a "thumbs up" - when I was young, I used to be a
3-dimensional topologist and once supervised a masters thesis on
faithful linear representations of braid groups, before I gradually
moved into computeralgebra.

Thus, I very much appreciate to have braids and braid groups in Sage.
Any chance to get knots and links as well? If I remember correctly,
there are a couple of open source packages dealing with hyperbolic
knots.

Best regards,
Simon