On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 09:32:19PM +0100, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> Otherwise, as I stated earlier, the doctest coverage will
> asymptotically approach 100%, even if no further doctests are added
> to older code. (This assumes all new functions have at least one
> test -  which I believe is happening.)

I definitely would love to achieve 100% test coverage (and better
branch coverage, not just doctest coverage).

Now, I personally would put the emphasis on encouraging the
*refactoring* of the early Sage code (of course with appropriate
testing), rather than just doctesting it. There is for example not
much point adding a doctest on a function that is likely to be
discarded in the refactoring.

I don't have good ideas on how to promote refactoring or doctesting,
beside rewarding (at least by a congratulation) any volunteer doing
so.

Cheers,
                                Nicolas

PS: by the above I mean no criticizing of early Sage code: it had to
be written quickly for the project to get started, and many tools to
write it nicely were just not available.

--
Nicolas M. Thiéry "Isil" <nthi...@users.sf.net>
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/