On 05/02/2012 02:18 PM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
On 05/02/12 12:46, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:01:09 PM UTC, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

I just built sage-5.0.rc0 on FreeBSD. When I do make test, one of the
test failures is puzzling me:

sage -t -force_lib "devel/sage/sage/tests/startup.py"
File
"/usr/home/stephen/sage-devel/work/sage-5.0.rc0/devel/sage/sage/tests/startup.py",

line 13:
sage: sage0("'numpy' in sys.modules")
Expected:
False
Got:
True

Any ideas?

If it helps, I installed a bunch of the optional packages. Maybe one of
these causes numpy to be installed at start-up time.

one should be able to trace this even in install.log, I think...

I can confirm that not adding any optional packages makes this test
work. So it is the optional packages that seem to create this problem.

Would it be fair to say that the optional packages should be considered
unreliable? I am having other problems with sage when the optional
packages are installed. Unfortunately they seem inconsistent in their
appearance, otherwise I would provide more details.

This seems to be the optional package that creates the problem: gnuplotpy-1.8