Hi,

I've been playing around with the installable patchbot code Robert put
up at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12486 . Something I'm a
bit confused about is how the patchbot decides what color circle to
display on a trac ticket page, now that there are multiple patchbot
clients rather than a single one.

Take for example #11310. I just forcibly ran my patchbot on this ticket.
It's never been set to needs_review before so I guess it never got
tested by any other patchbots automatically. Thus my patchbot's result
(ApplyFailed) is the only patchbot result known for that ticket. Yet the
ticket's status remains "gray circle", which I guess means "not yet
tested". Why? Is it because I'm running a development version and not a
stable version?

It seems to me like the most natural way to determine the overall status
of the ticket is to find the latest version of Sage on which the ticket
has been patchbot-tested, and then determine the overall status from the
results of tests on that version of Sage only. In fact, I thought that's
exactly what the patchbot does, but this ticket seems to demonstrate
otherwise.

The pages in question:

http://patchbot.sagemath.org/ticket/11310/

I figured I'd ask here since there are not too many people CC'd to
#12486 and there is probably some amount of patchbot-related lore
floating around sage-devel...

-Keshav

----
Join us in #sagemath on irc.freenode.net !