Why does "make testlong" for a second time rebuild all the docs?
There were no changes to the code at all.

I built 5.0 on a 3-year-old machine, was surprised that it decided to
build gcc (the machine has 4.3.3 as default though there also exists
gcc-4.4.1) but the build was successful, only around 10 files failed
doctests.  That seemed to be possibly about insufficient memory (very
surprising since the machine has 128g and is not heavily used right
now) but I started a new "make testlong" and after 25 minutes it is
still rebuilding the documentation.

In the morning I will know whether the tests still fail...

John

PS It's ubuntu 9.04 on a 64-bit machine.  And I know it needs an upgrade.