On May 21, 4:02 pm, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2012-05-21 23:21, Adam Webb wrote:
>

> >> William (or anyone else having this problem), can you test the SPKG
> >> Jeroen has put up on #12970 ? Just unpack a sage source tarball, and
> >> replace mpir-2.4.0.p3.spkg
> >> withhttp://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/jdemeyer/spkg/mpir-2.4.0.p5.spkg.
>
> >> I'd test it myself but I don't have access to my VM for the next month
> >> or so.
>
> >> -Keshav
>
> >> ----
> >> Join us in #sagemath on irc.freenode.net !
>
> > I tried the spkg and everything built without problems. A 'make -
> > ptestlong' also passed.
> > This is using Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) on vmplayer in Windows 7.
>
> Please
> 1) Mention your CPU model
> 2) Send the MPIR build log

My cpu is an Intel Core i7-2600.  BTW I am using VMware Player 4.0.3.

For what it is worth, cpuinfo shows the following flags:

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl xtopology tsc_reliable
nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt
hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts

Log file is at http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/awebb/mpir-2.4.0.p5.log.

Cheers,
Adam