On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:33:18 AM UTC-4, Volker Braun wrote:

> Google just released course builder, a python+GAE framework to develop
> online classes. Presumably various people on this list gave a Sage
> introductory course at one point. Maybe it would be a good idea to develop
> that into a online course? The technology to host it doesn't really matter,
> though the course builder seems like a valid possibility. Any thoughts?

We have an awful lot of materials either just merged in Sage or nearly
ready from the summer PREP workshops that would be intriguing to think
about in this way.  I just got an email yesterday from someone who missed
out last summer and would like to do it, and there have been other
discussions about longer-term use of this.

The website is just a Google code site for now.  Were there any demos?
 Maybe I missed that.  Note also that Wolfram has many webinars etc. for
people to attend, and we could use some of that capability for people who
want a little more than just documentation, tutorials, or videos.