2012-10-13 20:23, jaebond skrev:
|/home/ubuntu/sage/spkg/bin/sage:    line489:
/home/ubuntu/sage/local/bin/python:    No  such fileor  directory

However, I have looked in/home/ubuntu/sage/local/bin  and there is a filepython
 which links topython2  which links topython2.7.  It was suggested that I try
asking my question here.  Are there any thoughts or suggestions?  Thank you.

I saw a similar problem with a totally different program some weeks ago, when I tried running a binary file and saw a file-not-found kind of error.

In that case the problem was that the file was compiled for the armel "architecture", but the ubuntu I had installed was an armhf architecture.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to find out what the OS and binary are.

Ubuntu for arm seems to have used armel until 11.10, and armhf from 12.04 (I believe).

Could it be that the binary was compiled on an armel installation of ubuntu, and that you are trying it on an armhf installation?

If that is the case, I think a solution might be to install some multiarch-packages to allow your armhf ubuntu to run armel binaries.

Another solution might be to compile from source on your device, but for a phone, that might not be a reasonable option.

Regards

Johan