Thanks, i have done some examples of what i need for my goal (to
compute puiseux expansions of polynomials whose coefficients may be
algebraic numbers) and magma is still too slow. The problem is finding
the roots of a polynomial with algebraic coefficients... and i need
that a lot.

So i guess it is basically hopeless.