Hello!

I was wondering how is testing of Sage currently performed.

What I was wondering is if there is a policy that for every new addition to
sage there is also a suitable test case that is prepared to test the
specific addition.

For example if I add the function foo() to the graph class is there a test
file or something in which I can add some test cases to test if the return
value of foo() is as expected?

I believe it would be nice to have a test script for each part of sage (for
example Graphs) such that it would test all functions and methods of the
given part. In this way one could always keep track if some local change in
a library/sage broke a specific functionality of sage and it would also
allow us to time if a global change in sage made any speed improvements to
the running time of  the tests.

As far as I've noticed there is a policy to add the respective
documentation for each addition to sage but no policy related to such tests.

Am I correct? Is there any reason why this is not encouraged?

Best,

Jernej