Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2013 00:53:08 UTC+1 schrieb Nils Bruin:

> It could be more appropriate to fix this by making 2x2 matrices always
> immutable (then the methods accessing that can be special-cases on the
> class) or by lying and just making set_immutable a no-op.

this could be one way, but maybe some other functionallity gets broken
then.

> Or perhaps by documenting "2x2 matrices aren't a full implementation
> of matrices, but we inherit from it anyway by way of a hack. Don't
> expect that ... will always properly work. Only use 2x2 matrices when
> you need the speed and don't care about the unimplemented features".

I think as long as we inherit from one object, we should implement all base
methods. An 'end-user'-class should not have unimplemented functions.

the best would be, to do some timing tests, in order to see how much adding
this line affects the performance.

bg,
Johannes