William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> writes:
> I remember adding code that used "with" to Sage back in I think 2008
> when working on generators for the coercion model.  We've been using
> with for a long time.

Sure. In general the newer pieces of code in Sage do tend to use more
modern Python than older pieces of code, as far as I've seen - it's not
like our code as a whole is stuck in the past or anything. But naturally
code that hasn't been touched for many years is apt to have old coding
styles.

-Keshav