John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com> writes:
> 32-bit machines are getting rarer, but still exist -- e.g. my 2008
> laptop!  Is there a 32-bit testing platform we can access at sagemath,
> skynet or similar?

There is arando, the 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 buildbot running at Nanyang
Technological University and administered by Dmitrii Pasechnik (and
sometimes me, though I'm not there anymore).

Its processor is amd64, but the entire operating system and all binaries
are x86. Jeroen assures me that this is sufficient to be considered "a
32-bit testing platform".

I used to run a patchbot instance ( http://patchbot.sagemath.org/ ) on
arando, but since last September or so it's been running into weird
problems. Something keeps killing the shell process that's running the
patchbot, and thus ending the patchbot session, so it doesn't stay up
for more than a day or so once I start it running.

I'm totally clueless as to why this is happening. I don't know if it's
something caused by Sage or whether it's just something weird in the
Ubuntu setup on the system. I seem to recall that it started happening
after I upgraded it to a certain Sage version (I don't remember which).
I guess I could go back and try to find the latest Sage version which I
successfully ran the patchbot on long-term, and see if this issue is
reproducible on that Sage version...

-Keshav