It would be nice if we could implement the syntax in the IPython
configuration stuff:

    A.options.foobar = 1

in addition to

    A.options(foobar=1)

This would require us to rename the existing methods of GlobalOptions with
underscores.

Also, for consistency we should recommend / enforce a name for the options.
Should it be A.options or A.global_options or what? The docs use various
conventions.