Hi Nils,

On 2013-05-14, Nils Bruin <nbr...@sfu.ca> wrote:
> Cool. Doesn't the coercion framework end up trying all kinds of things
> that may generate errors which get caught? Aren't those also different
> errors that AttributeError? Shouldn't we be using a similar approach?
>
> def LazyError(Error):

It would mean that all errors that we want to be raised quickly needed
to inherit from LazyError. But I am sure that we sometimes want to raise
an AttributeError or a TypeError or a ValueError quickly, and of course
we then want that "except TypeError:" works.

Hence, rather than creating a new class for Errors, I think it would be
better to focus on making the creation of the error message faster.

Did you open a ticket for cythoning sage.misc.lazy_format and
sage.misc.lazy_string (and perhaps make them *one* thing)?

Best regards,
Simon