Congratulations! This is very deserved. We *really* appreciate all the work you've done! I think it's been critical to the success of Sage.

Jason

On 6/22/13 12:48 PM, William Stein wrote:
Jeroen Demeyer has provided excellent service to the Sage community as
release manager, starting with Version 4.6.1 in January 2011, just
five months after his first code contribution.  He has continued to
contribute significant code to the Sage library in the area of number
theory, including over forty contributions related to the fundamental
Sage package of PARI.

Jeroen is everything the Sage community could ask for in a release
manager.  He is a trusted custodian of the code and has built an
impressive system for frequent beta and final releases.  He works
carefully with developers and users to balance the priorities of
fast-paced cutting-edge development, backwards compatibility,
portability, and high-quality software.  During his tenure as release
manager, he has earned great respect while making difficult decisions
as he shaped the Sage that the world sees.  His efficient, timely,
fair and knowledgeable work has won him the admiration of the Sage
development community and has rendered a great service to the much
larger user community.

For his conscientious and technically excellent work as Sage release
manager, and his significant contributions to the Sage library, Jeroen
Demeyer is awarded the 2013 Spies Prize.

Please join me in congratulating Jeroen!

  -- The 2013 Spies Prize Committee