There is already an affine space class (as affine scheme). Whats wrong with
using that as ambient space?

sage: AffineSpace(2,QQ)
Affine Space of dimension 2 over Rational Field

Whats your plan with parent/element relations? It seems Hyperplane should
be an element with HyperplaneArrangement the parent.

Do you have a repository / trac ticket with the current code?