Martin

Maybe one of us misunderstands the other (& maybe this should become a new
thread? dunno).

I am somewhat hesitant, though, to go too deep into signature based
> algorithms
> and new improvements...

It was not my intention to go deep into signature based algorithms; I was
trying to qualify the dynamic algorithm as not being signature based. As it
dates from 1993, it's much older than F5 & variants. There's no need to put
the newer stuff in there, but I was thinking the dynamic algorithm would be
useful in a text that introduces to Sage, as an illustration of how to make
two very different parts work together (MILP and Singular). If you think
otherwise, okay.

Out of curiosity, though, what do you think is wrong with the mathematical
aspect? Did you have specific applications to commutative algebra in mind?
If so, someone like Simon might be a better contributor.

john perry