Hi there,

I'm new to sage-devel. So I apologize in advance if I say things that make
no sense.

The order of the product of two permutations in sage struck me as well, as
many others, no doubt. As has been said, it does not really matter which
order has been chosen, as soon as the other order is available as well.

It appears to me that the opposite of a group, or more generally of a
magma, is currently not implemented in sage. Wouldn't that be a nice
feauture and a solution to the problem? SymmetricGroup(n).opposite() would
then give the symmetric group in which (1,2) * (1,3) equals (1,3,2),
whereas (1,2) * (1,3) = (1,2,3) in SymmetricGroup(n).

Johan