Thanks!

The trac<->git changeset browser obviously has to grind through the repo
all the time, so this is the likely candidate for io load. But the repo
isn't all that large all things considered, it should easily fit into
memory. Some filesystem tuning might be really benefitial, in particular
mounting everything with noatime so you don't need to *write* to inodes
when reading through the git repo. One could also try writeback caching but
then we should barely write anything to the trac instance.