On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:43:54 PM UTC-8, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> It's the same as starting a new ticket/branch. When you get to the point
> where you would modify the sage library, download the mercurial patch
> and apply it.

This step, including the committing in git, can be done with

sage --dev import-patch --url <URL>

where <URL> can be the URL for the patch on trac (the raw one of course!).

Once you're done, you can push the branch to trac (how to get the sage-dev
scripts to understand what ticket your local branch should be attached to
depends on how you started your branch) to make the ticket into a new "git"
ticket, which I guess now should happen with every ticket before it can get
resolved.