On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to raise awareness (and apologize) that the
> re-organization of the layout of Sage broke so many optional spkg's.
> In case people run into similar problems, here's what I'm doing to
> workaround this mess for sage-6.2 in SageMathCloud.
>
> 1. These databases are broken:
>
> cunningham_tables
> database_jones_numfield
> database_kohel
> database_odlyzko_zeta
> database_sloane_oeis
> database_stein_watkins_mini.p0

As per Volker's post (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/onWFAVz-LDA) these
packages need updated copyright information. The copyright for the sloane
database is provided in that thread, as is permission to use Andrew
Odlyzko's database, but for the others copyright information is still
needed.

One workaround is to do this:

>      # in SAGE_ROOT
>      ln -s local/share data
>
> but the SAGE_DATA variable is gone as well... so you have to add this
> *BACK* to src/bin/sage-env (after SAGE_SHARE):
>
>         # this is to be compatible with optional packages that haven't
>         # been updated to not use SAGE_DATA
>         export SAGE_DATA="$SAGE_SHARE"
>
> (Hopefully, this can be added back or the packages fixed for sage-6.3.)
>
> 2. Another broken package is
>
>       p_group_cohomology
>
> which doesn't build:
>
>      pGroupCohomology/resolution.pxd:21:0: 'interrupt.pxi' not found
>
> I don't know a fix.
>
> 3. There's an optional package called pybtex which doesn't work.
>
> The package TOPCOM-0.17.4 fails to build:
>
>     ./spkg-install: line 11: cd:
> /usr/local/sage/sage-6.1/spkg/standard/: No such file or directory

Using this

sage -i topcom

works just fine for me. If you are doing

sage -i TOPCOM

you are probably getting the old spkg that doesn't work with the new layout
(this should really be fixed so that the packages are case-insensitive).

I don't know a fix.

--
Andrew