>    On that note, I think reviewers shouldn't hold up tickets because they
> don't like the current implementation without providing a working
> alternative and can demonstrate why it's better.

Do you think that a patch should automatically be merged when it has been
waiting for a reviewer for a long time ?

>From time to time, I think that what a ticket implement is not a good idea.
I usually say so on the ticket and refuse to review it (i.e. #13624).

I still think that implementing the reviewer's remarks is the author's job,
though. Otherwise you will end up with careless reviews, because the
reviewers have no time to improve somebody else's code. And I wouldn't want
to see careless patches either, written assuming that the reviewer will fix
the problems.

Nathann