On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM, rjf <fate...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maxima, part of Sage, has had an extensible (at run time) parser for
> perhaps 35 years.
> You could ask about the experience there, maybe read about the pros and
> cons.
> Or you could be more conventional and ignore  others' past experience. :)

Alas, there's pretty much no chance of getting an extensible parser into
Python at this point. (Among other things, Python uses a strict two-stage
parse-then-run system!)

> What's  "PEP" stand for?  I assume that at least one of the P's is
> python...

"Python Enhancement Proposal" -- it's the standard process for proposing
changes to the Python language:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28programming_language%29#Development

-n