I have reread this thread and I'm asking myself if the ecl upgrade
shouldn't have simply bumped the package-version.txt of maxima at
patchlevel, thus forcing a rebuild. I mean the author of that ticket surely
had the same fail when testing,  and the reviewer too?

Please tell what I'm missing.

Regards,