Dima Pasechnik wrote:
Is there anything short of "make distclean && make" to fix the stuck
docbuild:

By "stuck" I mean that I run make and

the output (and logs/dochtml.log) getting stuck at
[history_a] no targets are out of date.
[structure] loading cross citations... looking for now-outdated
files... none found
[structure] no targets are out of date.

while there are python processes like this:
  python $SAGE_ROOT/src/doc/common/builder.py --no-pdf-links all html
sitting in the memory doing (almost) nothing for hours and hours.

"make doc-clean" does not help.

I'm currently having exactly the same problem (for the first time!) after upgrading from 6.2.beta7 to 6.3.beta2 (with 'sage --upgrade ...').

'make doc' first failed with an import error though. After 'make doc-clean && make', building the reference manual hangs in the first pass. Interrupting it and rerunning 'make [doc]' doesn't bring me further, with Python processes waiting forever (pipe_wait).

(Ubuntu 10.04.4 x86_64, GNU make 3.82.)

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign