> what if the russians suddendly attack the US

When does it stop that everyone fears the other for no good reason. I
guess if you ask an ordinary russian person, he fears being invaded by
the US.

Are we still in the cold war?

> reach our server and achieve to erase our data ? (or what if our hard
> drive burns ?)

Tell your friends about the repository and let it be cloned to several
distant physical places in the world. Then sit back and relax (or rather
trust that sha-1 is still somewhat safe to ensure that you have the
right history up to a certain point.

As Robert said, cloned repositories are more or less backups of each other.

Ralf