On 22.07.2014 14:42, Fredrik Johansson wrote:> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at
> The reversion of t - t^3 + O(t^5) to length n = 5 should be t + t^3 +
> O(t^5). This is what I get when I call flint directly from a C
> program. Are you getting something different?

I meant to write revert_series(6) which didn't produce the t^5 term
with flint but did with sage's reversion.

> Note that the current implementation requires that 1, 2, ..., n-1 are
> invertible (this restriction is documented in the flint manual). So
> for polynomials over GF(5), n = 6 would be invalid input. You could
> insert some code that checks this and either raises an exception or
> computes over Z or Q and converts back.

Oh right. Thanks, I didn't realize that. That seems like a pretty serious restriction. :(

I added support for flint's revert_series with that restriction.

Best
    Jonas