On 8/18/14, 17:33, kcrisman wrote:

On Monday, August 18, 2014 3:22:00 PM UTC-4, wstein wrote:

    Hi,

    Andrey Novoseltsev kindly pointed out that interact.sagemath.org
    <http://interact.sagemath.org> is
    deluged with spam, e.g.,

    http://interact.sagemath.org/node/1194
    <http://interact.sagemath.org/node/1194>

    Can somebody volunteer to deal with this ASAP?   Either clean up the
    spam, or move hosting somewhere else (i'll point DNS their way).   I'm
    afraid UW is  likely to disconnect sagemath.org
    <http://sagemath.org> from the internet if
    we don't.

  I don't know who is currently administering this or has such
privileges... One easy fix is to disable comments, perhaps.  Wow, I had
no idea.

Just following up---that's exactly what I did, and made the site essentially read-only except for "trusted author" accounts. If you'd like one of those, email me. If someone wants to take over the site, let me know.

Thanks,

Jason