Hello

I'm trying to review a bug. I haven't worked with git before, so I tried
following the Sage Development Guide. I'm getting stuck on the step where
I'm supposed to set up git-trac. I seem to have installed it (didn't
complain, anyway) and then I try to follow the commands
at
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/git_trac.html#git-and-trac-configuration.
I get the output listed below.

Any help would be appreciated.

john perry

git trac config --user john_perry --pass
'not_in_your_wildest_dreams_would_i_reveal_this'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/sage/git-trac-command/bin/git-trac", line 18, in
<module>
    cmdline.launch()
  File "/Applications/sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/cmdline.py", line 240,
in launch
    app.add_remote()
  File "/Applications/sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/app.py", line 441, in
add_remote
    remotes = self.git.remote().split()
  File "/Applications/sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py",
line 341, in meth
    return self.execute(git_cmd, *args, **kwds)
  File "/Applications/sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py",
line 328, in execute
    popen_stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
  File "/Applications/sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py",
line 263, in _run
    raise GitError(result)
git_trac.git_error.GitError: git returned with non-zero exit code (128)
when executing "git remote"
    STDERR: fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories):
.git