On 2014-09-04 22:38, Simon King wrote:
And how can one build the debug version? I recall that one had to export
SAGE_DEBUG=yes before building, and I had several Sage versions on my
machine, all built from sources. But now, with git, I only have *one*
Sage install. Is it possible to switch back and forth between debug and
non-debug version?
No.

Is it enough to export SAGE_DEBUG=yes and do make
again, or would this not result in compiling everything from scratch
That would not result in everything recompiling from scratch, but you can do "make distclean" first and then rebuild with "SAGE_DEBUG=yes make"

Would ccache recognise the difference
between debug and non-debug version?
Yes, ccache is clever enough.