It is not bluff Nathann. And it's no bluff either to say that many many
valuable people would just stop using Sage if it stopped handling 1-based
permutations. Sage is a mathematical software and it makes sense that it
should print and accept inputs of the mathematical objects I use the way I
use them in my math... As you know, I have no trouble understanding 0-based
arrays, this is not the problem here. I'm not bluffing, I NEED those
objects. I'm not sure what is so difficult for you to understand here.

0-based arrays are not "incompatible" with 1-based permutations. I'm sure
that in the history of computer science, much more complicated data
structures  than 1-based permutations have been implemented... The way it
is now is not that bad, in the sense that even so it's not good, I'm using
it every day and it's very very useful for me (and for many others). I
don't have major problems with it, it works completely fine for what I do
with permutations. I understand it's not the case for everyone and I like
clean / consistent code, so yes, it could be better designed, improved,
etc. But I don't understand why 1-based permutations could not exist : we
need a way to leave them here for the people who need them without letting
them affect the people who don't need them...