Hi

On 17.09.2014 17:29, Marc Mezzarobba wrote:
Jonas Jermann wrote:
What would you suggest I do to get a fast exact sign/comparison?

Just a wild guess, but you may want to see if the patch at

http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15600

helps.

It doesn't (also note that the polynomials here have deg=4 < 8).

To me it seems that it might make sense to first make a "exact + fast"
equality check and treat that case very different (where and how
is unclear to me).

If not, we can work under the assumption that it isn't (and
probably/maybe use that to speed up calculations).

E.g. if the element is not 0 we could use a non-exact
approximation (RIF?) and keep increasing the precision/etc until we
are sure that the element is positive/negative.

Best
    Jonas