> Another 3d-plotting direction is the webgl-enabled JSmol, which is
> actually pretty. It would be easy enough to integrate, though right now the
> upgrade is stuck in he java applet mud ;-)

Totes.  But the version currently at #16004 isn't held up by java, but by
different browsers not wanting to take the data from localhost or
something.  If you can fix this easily, that would be very awesome - I have
a branch just waiting to try it out again.  The jsmol stuff really works
fine otherwise, I like it.