Hey,

(response following ping of William on IPython ML)

Looks nice

I haven't looked at everything  from your modifications, but I would say
that it should be possible to selectively extend the templates to avoid the
copy/past which should remove roughly 400 lines and some maintenance
burden.
Havent diffed the files with IPython 2.3 (I assume you based your work on
IPython 2.2/2.3.
You might also want to create your own codemirror mode to have correct
syntax highlighting in the notebook (but that should be a separate patch I
guess, I can point you to the right resources to do that).

Most of the rest of the code is Sage internals, so I'n not super qualified
to judge, but after a quick look I haven't seen anything obviously wrong.

(I'm not used to track, so I still struggle like a noob, and will take
longer look later.)