KASH/KANT hasn't been maintained since about 2008 or something like that. I
think you are pretty unlikely to get a response from their email address.

However, I think I hear the voice of one of the former maintainers going
into his office just down the hall from me. I'll ask him. If he says
anything interesting I'll report back.

Bill.