Hi Thierry,

Well that has to be the fiercest reaction so far.

Volker proposed the text and he probably pinched most of it from
somewhere else (fedora if I remember correctly).

I have to take issue with some of your characterization.
There was a long discussion thread and I'll admit I haven't
read the whole of it but a fair amount of it and no one
proposed a change of wording for it. The anti camp didn't want
amendment, they'd rather not have it.
The "for" camp has not put forward any alternative words as far
as I remember.

There was plenty of opportunity to get the text amended and
it didn't happen. Think what you will of it.

I personally think that whatever the result it has shown that
the community is broadly well behaved while there seem to be
strong feelings, so far you are the one who pushed the envelop
the furthest, the debate stayed quite polite.

I don't think we need the code but considering the general
behavior here I don't think it will matter. We are a quite
well behaved community.

We'll have to deal with the occasional explosion with or without code.

Francois