On 2014-11-28, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --001a1140e10cc7331a0508ecdbd1

> asked twice already): Do I understand correctly that there will be some
> editing on http://wiki.sagemath.org/CodeOfConduct before publishing the
> code of conduct or the guidelines or etiquette or whatever it will
> eventually be called? For how long?
>>> >

>>> No. The original text is what was voted on.  Anybody can edit the wiki
> and a new conduct thing could be proposed and voted on later.
>>

>> I see. That's the old trick of putting something on vote while it is
> still discussed. As a result, some people don't realise that the vote is
> exactly about the current state, and that one shouldn't vote "yes" but "no"
> if one just likes the basic idea but finds the current state sub-optimal.
>>

> Please reread my statement at the beginning of the vote thread before
> claiming I tricked you.  It begins "
> This is a simple majority vote for the original proposed code of conduct.".

It should have been abundantly clear to everyone that the discussion was
very much ongoing.
Why should it have been interrupted in such a blunt manner?
It was no ordinary question like whether to include bla.foo as an
optional package in Sage.

I hold that this was a violation of the very code the vote was about,
in spirit if not in letter.
Therefore the whole thing should be redone.

I also hold that I feel bullied by that code, to begin with.

Dima