Hi Volker,

On 2014-11-28, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No. Just "code" can be short for: "code of law", and that is what the
> dictionary entry says. But "code of foo" for foo!=law is not a kind of
> "code of law".

Reading my posts, you certainly noticed that I did not claim that a
"code of conduct" is some kind of "code of law" by definition. I spoke
about associations and connotations. If a language's dictionary contains
the entries "code" and "code of foo", then of course there is an association
of the two entries. And simply by how the human brain processes language, it
will consciously or unconsciously create a connotation.

In any case, you are not more native speaker than I. So, unless they
will be backed up by a bunch of native speakers, I don't see a reason
to find your assertions convincing.

Best regards,
Simon