On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:35 PM, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Harald Schilly <harald.schi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Well, just tried their first example, seems like it crashes. No idea :(
>>

> Same here.

On SMC we all sit in the same boat. Either it works or it breaks for
everyone. I think it is related to OpenMPI (and that forking that way
is not supported in that virtual machine).

Does anyone know more about open mpi in a virtualized machine -- or
alternatively -- how to tell clawpack's python package to not compile
with mpi support? (in the hopes that this solved this problem)

-- Harald