Hi Vivianne,

> My comment on this:
>
> * Findstat does not need such methods to be in sage (anymore), as we
> actually define our own maps outside of Sage (for the good of FindStat and
> for the bad of Sage in my opinion) so at least, no one can be accused of
> being partial
>
> * If a method exists somewhere and has been there for some time, I don't
> see why it should be removed: I don't see any negative impact of the method
> being there. The idea of building some kind of global semantic map of
> relations between combinatorial objects has not been completely dropped out
> and I still think it would be a good thing to have. In this context, such a
> method would make sense.

These are two different things:
 - having methods
 - having maps between combinatorial objects
I do not see why one should depend on the other. And there is an
argument for not having too much method on a given class: readability.

Vincent

PS: Not speaking about Findstat, you know that I worked a bit to
propose something for the database of combinatorial maps (see #16408).
I receive exactly 0 answer since then... and it was 6 months ago.