Hi Volker,

On 2014-12-05, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 5, 2014 9:13:12 AM UTC, Simon King wrote:
>>
>> would result in resolving the same conflicts twice. Certainly there is a
>> better way!?!
>>

> Don't merge branches unless you have to.

I have to. A is a dependency for B, B is a dependency of C, and A'
changes some function names that A introduced---and that are used in B
and C. Moreover, there are merge conflicts. Hence, they *have* to be
resolved at some point.

> The easiest solution is just to not merge A' into B

No way, I need to cope with the non-trivial changes in the dependencies.

> The feature you are asking for is git rerere "reuse recorded resolution",
> http://git-scm.com/blog/2010/03/08/rerere.html

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Best regards,
Simon