Hi Jeroen,

On 2014-12-19, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2014-12-19 12:54, Simon King wrote:
>> 1. even though building the spkg failed, the build process was
>> continued.
> Are you sure? Keep in mind that, for parallel builds, other packages
> which were being built are still continued. Imagine that you are
> installing Maxima and R in parallel. When Maxima fails to build, the
> build of R will continue. Only after R is done, the build process will
> stop. This is not a bug.

Here is the log:
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/SimonKing/logs/install-6.5.b3.log

Note that it ended with byte-compiling a lot of stuff from the Sage
library. Seems unlikely to me that this was done parallel to building
maxima...

> Behind the scenes, the following happens: when the build fails, the log
> files are grepped for an error message. That error is shown even if the
> error happened long ago. And when you did "./sage -i cycache", cycache
> failed to build because there is indeed no such package.

So, "make" will report *all* errors that have ever been recorded in the
install log? Not a good solution, I think.

Best regards,
Simon