> Further, 'Git the hard way' should be consistent, but it
> does not tell you about '--single-branch'.

Dima: If you want it to change, do something.

1) Write doc tickets
2) help me review mine.

> well, before improving at this point, we need to dig up the truth :-)

I gave you two ways out:

1) Type "git branch" in SAGE_ROOT, tell me if you get 10 lines or 10 screens
2) do a 'git clone' again with the options I gave you, and tell me if
the behaviour is different when you fetch stuff.

Nathann