On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Андрей Ширшов <sh.andr....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> There is the following example on
>> http://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/sets.html:

>> {EmptySet()}
>> True
>>

>> If you'll try this code in SMC you will get error, that "'EmptySet' object
>> has no attribute 'powerset'". Now in SMC sympy version is 0.7.4,
>> while this example seems to be for sympy version 0.7.6
>>
>> Please update sympy for Sage and SMC.
>>
>> Best regards, Andrei
>
> I tried pip installing the latest version and it breaks everything
> (see below).  This request should go to sage-devel, by the way.
>

> /projects/4a5f0542-5873-4eed-a85c-a18c706e8bcd/sage/libs/mpmath/ext_main.pyx
> in init sage.libs.mpmath.ext_main
> (build/cythonized/sage/libs/mpmath/ext_main.
> c:29967)()
>
> /usr/local/sage/sage-6.4/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mpmath/__init__.py
> in <module>()
>       4
>       5 from .ctx_fp import FPContext
> ----> 6 from .ctx_mp import MPContext
>       7 from .ctx_iv import MPIntervalContext
>       8
>
> /usr/local/sage/sage-6.4/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mpmath/ctx_mp.py
> in <module>()
>      47     from sage.libs.mpmath.ext_main import Context as BaseMPContext
>      48     # pickle hack
> ---> 49     import sage.libs.mpmath.ext_main as _mpf_module
>      50 else:
>      51     from .ctx_mp_python import PythonMPContext as BaseMPContext
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ext_main'

Is that a bug in sympy?

Note that in the latest git master, we removed mpmath from sympy and
now simply depend on it. So since Sage ships mpmath, sympy would just
use it. Once a new sympy release is made, then one will have to
account for this change (the latest release as of today is 0.7.6 and
that still includes its own mpmath, which maybe clashes with the
mpmath in sage in the above stacktrace?).

Ondrej