Yes, I too had pedagogy in mind. When I was reading about the Edwards model
I thought it would have been nice if Sage had a library on it.

In addition there are also some algorithms and tools which might be better
used or only used with Edwards curves. For example, I have also implemented
Dan Bernstein's Elligator encoding scheme.

Also, as mentioned earlier, I am working on implementing the analogues of
Velu's formulae for Edwards curves as described by Dustin Moody and Daniel
Shumow which are more efficient than the original Velu's formulas for the
Weierstrass model.

I think we can also hope that, when applicable, Edwards curves will give
more efficient implementations of algorithms already available for the
Weierstrass model.
Therefore, a library on the Edwards model might significantly expand Sage's
capabilities.

Adarsh.

P.S. -- I have only begun learning about Elliptic curves and Sage in the
past year. I would appreciate if anyone points out any inaccuracies in what
I say.